This week’s CrockPot challenge went WAY better than last week! We definitely created a yummy, cheap, easy, kid-friendly recipe! My picky eater actually said, “I could eat this all day”. I wish I could have videotaped him!
Here’s our new recipe:
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 bone-in pork butt steaks (about 1.5 lbs of meat)
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped into large pieces (big enough to take out for the kids)
- about 1/4 bottle Italian dressing
- A couple shakes of salt and pepper
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over noodles.
I cooked my noodles during naptime. I undercooked them by a minute or two, then added about 1 tbs of butter. Stirred until melted and put in the fridge. When ready to reheat, I spooned a little crock pot sauce over the noodles and re-heated on the stove until warm.
For the kids, I separated out the pork and noodles and gave them canned carrots (Yuck! But they love them)
- Pork: About $3.00
- Mushrooms: $1.59
- Cream Chicken Soup: $0.50
- Noodles: 0.79
- Italian Dressing, Onion, Salt & Pepper: probably $1.00 total
Rough Estimate for 5 people plus leftovers for 1 lunch: About $6.88 total